2019 Classic Sail Calendar
- FREE Delivery to UK - Spend over £50 for EU
- Express Delivery Available
Photographer Kathy Mansfield makes her home in the UK, by way of Massachusetts. You will have seen her work in WoodenBoat as well as Water Craft magazine in the UK, and other magazines.
Part Number: LBK6056-19
Publisher: Kathy Mansfield
Photographs by Kathy Mansfield
Wall calendar opens to 14" x 22".
- Jan: Chips is a Universal Rule P Class yacht designed by Starling Burgess in 1913.
- Feb: These two ketches are sailing in the fog near Camden Maine: Mermaid is a Sparkmen & Stephens ketch built in 1957, Abigail is a John Alden design built in 1956.
- Mar: The Lady Anne is one of four beautiful 15 Meter Class William Fife gaff cutters now restored and racing again.
- April: Three stunning New York 32s and one of Olin Stephens favorite designs, Isla, Falcon, and Vitesse were all built in 1936 and still race very competitively in Maine.
- May: The 108 foot gaff schooner Germania Nova was built in Spain in 2011 as a replica of Max Oertz successful Germania of 1908.
- June: Aloha is an American Universal Rule R Class yacht 37-feet 8 inches, designed by Edson B. Shock in 1923 for the Commodore of the San Diego Yacht Club
- July: Zephyrus is one of the sixteen 24-foot keelboats designed in 1924 by Ewing McGruer and built at the family boatyard, all still racing enthusiastically on the Gareloch, on the River Clyde in Scotland.
- Aug: The gaff cutter Moonbeam, III or Moonbeam of Fife, was built at the Fife yard in Scotland in 1903 of teak planks of elm frames.
- Sep: Marga is a 10 Metre Class by the Swedish yacht designer Carl Oscar Lijegren and launched in 1910 from the Hastholm Boatyard near Stockholm.
- Oct: The Howth 17s of Ireland are considered to be one of the oldest one-design sailing class in the world. Aura was built in 1898 and sails here during the Semaine du Golfe in Brittany, France
- Nov: Mystery was designed by Joel White as a Center Harbor 31, built by Maine's Brooklin Boatyard in 2005: Anna is a Sparkman & Stephens design, built at the same yard in 2007. They sail here in the Castine Regatta in Maine.
- Dec: Mashnee is a beautifully restored Buzzards Bay 30 built at the Herreshoff yard in 1902. Here she sails near a fog bank during the 2017 Castine Regatta in Maine.