Bills of Lading: Law and Contract
- FREE Delivery to UK - Spend over £50 for EU
- Express Delivery Available
Part Number: LAW0415
Bills of Lading form an essential part of the carriage of goods by sea and international trade. Their multi-functional nature, together with the large volume of case law and regulation, make the law in this field as complex is it is commercially vital.
This bestselling book provides a detailed analysis of the law and practice applicable to bills of lading before, during and after shipment, helping today's busy practitioner to quickly and easily find the information they need. This book has been fully revised and updated with all of the major developments since its first edition, including:
- Reference to increasingly important Singapore and Far-Eastern decisions
- An analysis of modern developments in seaworthiness, from vetting and approval clauses to the topical issues of vulnerability and piracy attacks
- Detailed examination of misdelivery, fraudulent or forged bills of lading, and delivery without production of a bill of lading
- Revised coverage of conflicts and procedural matters, including anti-suit injunctions, jurisdiction battles and the scope of arbitration
- Reference to relevant European law relating to issues of jurisdiction and procedure
- Comprehensive treatment of Switched bills, transhipment, house bills, deck carriage and container cargo
- New material on the practical implications of electronic bills of lading This text continues to provide an indispensable reference for maritime practitioners and institutions worldwide.
This text continues to provide an indispensable reference for maritime practitioners and institutions worldwide.