The Complete Ocean Skipper
- FREE Delivery to UK - Spend over £50
- FREE Delivery to Europe - Spend over £100
- Worldwide Delivery Available
Deep-water Voyaging, Navigation and Yacht Management
Part Number: SLG0081
Printed and corrected to: No
Imprint: Adlard Coles
Following on from his bestselling The Complete Day Skipper and The Complete Yachtmaster, yachting legend Tom Cunliffe turns his attentions to the third strand of the RYA syllabus. With the same hugely popular, highly practical approach, The Complete Ocean Skipper covers everything a sailor needs to know when planning and preparing for an offshore cruise or ocean passage:
- Preparation: types of suitable boat, choice of rig, engine power, safety equipment, communication systems, crew preparation
- On passage: ocean weather systems, forecasting, deck routines, watchkeeping, self-steering, emergencies, heavy weather techniques
- Ocean navigation: electronic as well as celestial
The second edition of this definitive handbook is fully updated, with new and revised content on multihulls, autopilots, radar, anchoring and software.
The Complete Ocean Skipper goes beyond the theory of the RYA syllabus to ensure that readers are equipped with the knowledge of both what to do and how to go about it, in whatever circumstances. A veteran offshore yachtsman as well as an RYA examiner, Tom Cunliffe brings his experience to bear and packs this must-have guide with invaluable hands-on advice for offshore and coastal sailors alike. With clear, helpful colour photographs and diagrams throughout, this is the essential book for anyone planning for or dreaming about sailing further afield.