Marine VHF Radio Handbook
- FREE Delivery to UK - Spend over £50 for EU
- Express Delivery Available
Part Number: RAR0082
Publisher: Mercator Publishing
The Marine VHF Radio Handbook is a complete reference and training manual for all topics related to marine VHF radio. Using it as a single-source reference guide, the reader can be brought up to date with the latest regulatory and technical advances in marine radio communications.
This book provides seafarers with easy-to-follow guidance on:
- selecting fixed and handheld VHF sets
- the international rules and regulations for using marine radios
- marine VHF channels, propagation and range
- voice procedures and protocols
- routine calling and responding
- safety, urgency and distress communications
- the principles and functions of the GMDSS
- Navtex receivers, EPIRBs, SARTs, AIS
- Inmarsat stations and satellite phones
- and using standard marine communication phrases.
With its very clear and well-illustrated explanations of VHF radios, this book provides a handy reference source not only for the voluntary VHF radio user but also for professionals carrying VHF radios under international regulations.
The handbook complies with the latest regulations and procedures of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) and the International Maritime Organization (IMO).
VHF Marine Radio Books
£213.68Stock In stock